Why Organic food?
While a lot of companies have used the organic label for marketing and a lot of people think that it is an elaborate marketing scam, I would always advise my clients to buy completely organic whole foods.
Top 6 Reasons I would always opt for organic
- Organic food protects the environment and our natural world – a much kinder approach to farming.
- “Depending on dose, some pesticides can cause a range of adverse effects on human health, including cancer, acute and chronic injury to the nervous system, lung damage, reproductive dysfunction, and possibly dysfunction of the endocrine and immune systems.”
- You can’t wash off the toxins that are sprayed on non- organic foods as they are all the way through – in every cell!
- The pesticides may seem harmless at first, but they build up in our system over time as we consume them and often lodge in fat stores. Which is one of the reasons when losing weight or detoxing to make sure that your organs if elimination are working correctly!
- According to the World Health Organization, every year more than three million agriculture workers in the developing world are poisoned by pesticides, and about 18,000 of them die
- In just one apple there were Pesticide Residues Found by the USDA Pesticide Data Program.
Lets stop one second an think about that one apple… what are the health repercussions of eating just one non-organic apple?
Human Health Effects of eating a non organic apple:
6 — Known or Probable Carcinogens
16 — Suspected Hormone Disruptors
5 — Neurotoxins
6 — Developmental or Reproductive Toxins
Need I go on? I may one day list the 100’s if not thousands of reasons to eat organic – but please please think about the fact that these toxins have been used to kill off pests and will also kill off you and your family if you eat them. They are all the way through every cell in the fruits, veggies and seeds – so opt for organic – for the animals, for the environment or for your health… please x
If you would like to discuss how I can help you with you jump-start your health and wellness please get in touch!